September 2020 - PRESENT
Nothing in my field brings me more joy than the opportunity to share my talents with others.
As a "Sensei", my profession entails creating my own courses which bend to the needs of each "ninja", or pupil, to teach them the best practices for a plethora of necessary modern skills, such as computer programming, engineering, art and design.
• Creation of course loads, projects, and activities which bring an imaginative portrayal of the curriculum
3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
March - August 2019
During this experience, I was able to expand my knowledge on experimental tech, such as AR/VR and cross platform production.
While working for a startup independent studio in Toronto as a 3D specialist, I helped out with the prop design, environmental concept art and many graphical details within the engine
• Creation of large and small scale props and buildings which a player could enter and maneuver
• Working closely with the main concept artist to bring team’s visual into the project
RAY OF HOPE
August 2017 - February 2018
Bringing an older game to the modern Era
During the summer, I joined a team mid-project and,with collaboration with key artists, I was responsible for the modelling, texturing and animation of a multitude of game assets ranging from character weapons, environmental vegetation and game level props
• Designing and producing assets from conception to final rendition.
• Animating character assets within the game environment and scripted their AI
• Developing with a team of Artists to create a plethora of unique environments
February - June 2017
Art and Design for a Video Game Trailer
As a designer, I worked closely with the Art Director and taught concept artists to design a set ist of assets and implement them by milestone. Throughout these months, I was able to learn the in's and out's of the production pipeline and how assets grow from basic concept sketches to trailer ready renders.
* Modelling and Texturing interior assets to fill
a level designed by the art team.
* Collaborating with the art director to create a consistent theme among the art team.
* Design 3D props which were then produced by the concepting team and later modeled by myself and others
Utilizing my school experience for the workforce
With new computer rhetoric and programming skills in C# and C++, I was able to find short term employment with a mod studio I admired. Their newest milestone included a major overhaul to the UI and Menu system that they had previously implemented
* Programmed menus for the art team's concept. This included a fully functional inventory system
* Designed program architecture sufficient enough for later iterations supporting future updates to the game
Finishing my secondary years on a high note
For a co-op during my final year of secondary, I had the great opportunity to work with local charities under a group organization that aimed to bring art and crafts to impoverished schools
• Creation of a website from process planning to concepting to final deployment
• Iteration of a logo based on their initial designs and a plethora of design ideas